Post 3: My favorite Movie

Hello, today I'm gonna talk about my favorite movie, this is also a hard decision because I'm not really a person who enjoys watching a lot of movies, I just watch the ones that everybody, specially my brother, tells me to watch.
So, that doesn't mean that I haven't seen any movie, actually I have seen some pretty good ones, like Donnie Darko, a few of Studio Ghibli like Grave of the fireflies (La tumba de las luciérnagas) or Spirited Away (El viaje de Chihiro). So, if I have to choose one, I would pick
Grave of the fireflies (if you haven't seen it yet, DO IT)
This is a Japonese animated war movie based on a semi-autobiographical story of a Japonese called Akiyuki Nosaka. It was released in 1988, animated by Studio Ghibli, but there's also the live-action version that was released in 2005.
This film is really beautiful and sad. I cried when I watched it for the first time, but I'm not a good reference because everything makes me wanna cry. Anyway, the story is about two siblings, Seita, the teenage brother, and Setsuko, the little sister. The context is the ending of the WWII, so there's a lot of firebombing in Kobe, Japon. So they live there with their mother, but she died early in a firebombing, leaving the kids alone, so the the story is about how they have to fight against the conditions of being orphans at that time, with no food, no family to support them and living in a cave, huntering fireflies. 
I don't want to tell you the whole story because I would be really proud if you watch it and cry like me.  
 

Comments

  1. a lot of people have recommends me this film! I think I'm going to watch it

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so sad, even sadder than seeing the footage with the music of Sufjan Stevens.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vq5NvJvr55Q

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved that movie! It's very touching, I think I cried when I saw it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Post 2: The best concert ever

A photo, a memory